Before committing to buy property, it is important to ensure that you know its worth. This way, you can be able to tell whether it is a worthwhile investment or not.
In the same way, before selling property, you need to get an estate agent or a professional property value to give you a valuation of your property.
While you may not be able to change the size and age of your property prior to an estate agent valuation, there are a couple of things you can do to prepare your property for valuation. Here is how you can get your property ready for valuation:
- Focus of cleanliness – Before bringing in property valuation experts, you will do well to give your property a spring clean. Ensuring that your house is tidy is the key to showing off the best features while ensuring it looks fresh when estate agents come by.
- Remove all clutter – Removing clutter from your property is another great step to making your house look more spacious thus, showing there is enough room for storage.
- Get rid of bad oduor – If there are any bad smells in whichever area of your property. Be sure to get rid of them ahead of the property valuation. This may include removing ash trays as well as taking dustbins out.
- Opt for neutral hues – If you have painted the property in colours that are representative of your personality and style, you may want to consider toning some of them down with the view of depersonalizing the property. Instead, you can consider neutralizing the bright colours by creating a blank canvas with shades of neutral colours. This lets prospective buyers have a good imagination of if the place was their own.
- Brighten your home – Properties tend to look great on a sunny and bright day. Even then, the sun does not shine everyday hence the need to cover up for all the eventualities by ensuring your house will look great even when there is no sunshine. This will ensure that all the dark corners are well lit.
How to Sell Property Fast
Apart from preparing your property for valuation and subsequently as sale, there are other things that you can do to ensure that your property sells fast. They include the following:
- Be well informed – Take time to research about properties that have recently sold within your area carefully paying attention to the features. This will give you a pretty good idea of what you need to do to your property in order to improve its value during valuation.
- Only show off the best side – You must be able to identify the key features of your house that make it stand out and improve on them. This may be the beautiful fireplace, high ceilings or the fierce power shower among others.
- Renovate – When conducting a valuation, estate agents do not factor in future improvements rather a lot of emphasis goes to the current state of the house. Therefore, if you are convinced that renovating your bathroom is a great step to achieving a higher property value, then you will do well to go ahead and renovate. Remember, when valuing your property, estate agents will not take into account the prospects of future improvements.
While it may seem that there is not much you can do to improve the value of your property, the truth is that there are endless possibilities of things you can do that will raise the value of your property significantly. Overall, you need to realize that the state of property is not all that you need to get good house valuation your attitude also matters.